Hiatus is here again and with it comes the hiatus blues. You turn on your TV only to find nothing new is playing. What's a hapless TV fan to do? Why find other great shows of course. (Like they used to say in NBC's heyday: if you haven't seen it, it's new to you.) There's no one better than the SpoilerTV community to help you find some TV gems you might have missed, so I hereby open nominations for the Third Annual Pitch Your Low-Rated Show article. For those new to this concept, basically you pick a low-rated show that you think other people should start watching and then pitch that show to them. Tell them what makes your show special, why you love it, and most importantly why you think others should try it out. It's a great way to get new people to discover your show. The more specific you are, the more likely it is that someone will try it out.
Last year we had over 300 people respond with The 100 and Reign leading in nominations. If you have a show that's struggling in ratings to the point that people are talking cancellation, please nominate it. It will not change any show's ratings but you can feel good knowing you have helped others find great hiatus fare. Nominations will stay open until January 1st and then I will put the best pitches into an article for the new year. I will include a link to all responses as well. Hopefully we can all find new shows to fight off those hiatus blues. If your favorite show is not in danger of cancellation, then don't worry. You can nominate it for the summer version of Pitch Your Show. If you have any questions about qualifying shows, ask in the comments below, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet me @dahne1.
1. The show must be currently on the air or returning in the 2015-2016 TV season.
2. Only scripted shows. No reality TV.
3. Shows must be in danger of cancellation, which is defined as:
A. Network TV - Nothing in green or blue on the SpoilerTV Cancellation Index. Exceptions include shows on the bubble or lower for TV by the Numbers and/or The TV Grim Reaper. These include 2 Broke Girls, Code Black, Hawaii 5-0, Heroes Reborn, Last Man on Earth, Last Man Standing, Madam Secretary, Mysteries of Laura, Quantico, Reign, and Superstore. Returning shows that are scheduled to air at midseason and had low ratings previously can be nominated as well.
B. Cable TV - Since SpoilerTV, TVbtN, and the TV Grim Reaper do not predict cable, the show needs to be one of the lowest rated on its particular network or be in reasonable contention to be canceled.
4. The purpose is to persuade others to watch your show. Saying "IT'S THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!" over and over again won't help. In fact, triple exclamations and having all letters capitalized will probably work against you. Same goes for hashtags. Instead focus on why someone who doesn't watch the show should take their precious time to try it. Enthusiasm is only good when backed by details and thoughtful discourse.
5. This is not a popularity contest so there is no need to nominate a show multiple times with the same comment. I will take the most thoughtful comments for each show nominated so as long as the show fits the first 4 rules, it will be in the article.