A weekly feature highlighting the best quotes on TV as picked by the Spoiler TV team. We'd love to hear your picks too so please sound off in the comments below.
1. Society: “Hello Evil Corp, we are F Society. Over the years we’ve been watching you. Your financial abuse of the poor. Your corruptions of governments. Your cover-ups of innocent, ordinary citizens all for the sake of profit. This is why we at F Society have decided, you must die. We are malicious and hostile, we do not compromise. We are relentless. We will not stop until every tentacle of your evil monstrosity is sliced off at the nerve. We are also not without mercy. Our latest hack was our last warning. Meet our demands and we will consider not destroying you. First release our leader Terry Colby from your illegitimate prison immediately. Second, release all the people of the world from your even more illegitimate prisons of debt. Third, dissolve your corporation and donate all your assets to charities around the world. This proposal is non-negotiable. The people are realising they don’t have freedom of choice so long as you exist. The People are waking up, no longer excepting your economic slavery. Meet these demands or we will kill you, consider yourself warned.” (Nirat Anop)
2. Mr. Robot: “Are you a 1 or a 0? That’s the question you have to ask yourself, are you a yes or no, are you gonna act or not?” Elliot: “You been staring at a computer screen way to long homie, life’s not that binary.” Mr. Robot: “Isn’t it, sure there are grays, when you come right down to it, at its core beneath every choice is either a 1 or a 0. You either do something or you don’t. You walk out that door, you decided to do nothing, to say nothing, which means you do not come back. You leave, you are no longer apart of this. You become a zero. If you stay, you wanna change the world, you become a yes, you become a 1. I’ll ask you again, are you a 1 or a 0?” Elliot: “An innocent man’s in prison because of what I did.” Mr. Robot: “Come on, let's not kid ourself, this has nothing to do with Colby. This isn’t even about my revolution. This is more than that for you. This is about how those bastards slowly killed your father and how you wished he’d done something about it but he didn’t cause he was a 0 just like your being right now.” (Nirat Anop)
3. Elliot: “Choices, maybe Mr. Robot’s right. That’s what this is all about. The yes’s and no’s of life. But do we decide them or do they decide us? Fernando Vera, I get rid of him, I get rid of my drug dealer’s supplier, I get rid of the morphine and the pain I’ve been holding in comes rushing out. Sure I can try to find another dealer but like Vera said, no one on the streets deals suboxen. I could go back to digitally counterfeiting scripts but farmers spend a lot of doe protecting their wares. Most places only take paper scripts, continuously getting legit refills isn’t realistic and neither is being a junkie. So I quit cold turkey or let Vera exist. I know what you're thinking, the answers to obvious. Vera may have been groping Shayla before but he’s graduated to rape. Just like Shayla, he’s left me no choice. He can’t be allowed to exist anymore.” (Nirat Anop)
4. Elliot: “How do we know if we’re in control? That we’re not just making the best of what comes at us and that’s it? Trying to constantly pick between two shitty options. Like your two paintings in the waiting room, or Coke or Pepsi. McDonalds or Burger King, Hyundai or Honda. It’s all part of the same blur, right? Just out of focus enough. It’s the illusion of choice. Half of us can’t even pick our own cable, gas, electric, the water we drink, our health insurance. Even if we did, would it matter? You know if our only option is Blue Cross or Blue Shield, what the fuck is the difference? In fact, aren’t they the same? Nah, man, our choices are prepaid for us a long time ago.” (Nirat Anop)
5. Fernando: "You remind me of me when I was younger. Depressed and sullen. Matter of fact, tried to kill myself a couple of times. Never could get that shit right. Biology wasn't my strong suit. I hated myself, man. Still do. Thought that shit was a weakness, for a long time, and then I realized that shit was my power. People walk around acting like they know what hate means. Nah. No one does until you hate yourself. I mean, truly hate yourself. That's power.” (Nirat Anop)
6. Elliot: "We were close, very close. He was my best friend. Worked at Evil Corp his whole life. He was one of the best computer engineers they had and out of the blue he got fired. No one knew why. One day he told me: he had Leukemia. Made me swear to never tell anyone. Especially my mom. So I didn't. A few months go by, he got sicker and sicker. Finally I got so worried I told my mom. When he found out, he got pissed, started yelling. I remember I tried to hug him, tell him I'm sorry. He kept shoving me away and shoving me so hard. I fell backwards out the window. I fell and I broke my arm. He never spoke to me after that. Couldn't even look at me. Even the night he died." (Nirat Anop)
7. Shayla: “He gives me a really good deal on the split. I make good money.” Elliot: “There it is again, the invisible hand at work controlling us, even if it pushes us past our threshold of pain.” (Nirat Anop)
8. Elliot: “The lock pick. Every hacker's favorite sport. The perfect system to crack, mostly because, unlike virtual systems, when you break in you can feel it, you can see it, you can hear it.” (Nirat Anop)
9. Mr. Robot: "The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who do evil, but because of the ones who look on and do nothing.” (Nirat Anop)
1. Nina: "Call 911." Siri: "Calling Pottery Barn." (Nirat Anop)
2. Noah: "Some guys like sports. I like serial killers." (Nirat Anop)
1. Stiles (about Allison): "She would have been with us." Scott: "Yeah." Lydia: "She still is." (Justyna and Dahne)
2. Scott: "Why can't you trust anyone?" Stiles: "Because you trust everyone!" (Justyna and Dahne)
3. Sheriff Stilinski: "Your best friend is a werewolf. You are dating a werecoyote. I still don't know what Kira is supposed to be. When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school." (Justyna and Dahne)
4. Stiles: "He watched my Dad blow up a berserker with a land mine. I’m pretty sure the ground work has been laid." (Prpleight)
5. Sophomore Girl: "I'm not pissed off. I'm vengeful." ~A currently unnamed girl remembers Liam from the 6th grade. Whatever Liam did...he is about to be sorry for it. LOL (Prpleight and Dahne)
6. Kira: "Dad, please don't turn a 3-hour traffic jam into an educational experience." (Dahne)
7. Scott: "Things have been good right, but not amazing." Stiles: "Yeah but no one's tried to kill us in 6 months either." (Dahne)
8. Stiles: "Don't mock the vision." Malia: "I…I like the vision, especially if I'm part of it. So that's why you wanted everyone here tonight. Because you don't want to lose all your friends after senior year." Stiles: "And I hope they don't want to lose me either." (Dahne)
9. Liam: "We just spent 3 hours watching this dude play videogames in his bedroom. He better be out here covering up a mass murder."
10. Malia: "How'd I do?" HistoryDad: "There's room for improvement."
11. Mason: "I was attacked by an armor-plated giant wearing a bear skull. It left an impression."
1. Mrs F: “School is for children Theresa, not their parents, your job is to feed them and keep them safe, let us do the rest.” (Nirat Anop)
2. Mrs F: “Go ahead and look at all the pages, giggle if you want. For obvious reasons your textbooks will remain here in class. Parents tend to be uncomfortable with these sorts of images. Even biology can be misunderstood. Procreation is a beautiful and blessed thing and here in Wayward Pines, that really is your most important job. Ben, Amy, would you step up front please. Ah, behold the male and the female, two bodies beautifully designed to fit together effortlessly, seamlessly. Two perfect puzzle pieces, like hand in glove. Yes, yes, it’s embarrassing to talk about. But what if Ben was a bee and Amy was a flower, then that wouldn’t be funny, would it? Wayward Pines needs a new generation and one day, not too long from now, you all will have the honor of parenting the first generation of 100% originals. Now take a look around the room, this is a small town, chances are your mate, your co-parent, is sitting right here in this room and it’s part of my job as your teacher and counsellor to help you find each other.”
3. Dr. Jenkins: “Why are they trying to undermine us, is it inevitable, this passion for self destruction?” Nurse Pam: “Have you eaten today?” (Nirat Anop)
4. Bill: “The secret to a safe and happy town is everyone minding their own business. People need to do with they're supposed to, not what they're not.” (Nirat Anop)
5. Kate: “Ethan, I’ve been trapped her for 12 years, imagine what that’s like and then you show up and a week later you’re sheriff.” (Nirat Anop)
6. Mrs F: “You and Ben look so nice together. How is that working out?" Amy: “It’s great actually. I really like him, like a lot.” Mrs F: “I’m so glad, as a teacher it’s so fulfilling when an assignment turns into something more.” (Nirat Anop)
1. Jamie: "More people die choking on hot dogs than lion attacks.” (Nirat Anop)
2. Chloe: "Free will is what separates us from the animals." (Nirat Anop)
3. Robert: "For centuries, mankind has been the dominant species. We've domesticated animals, locked them up, killed them for sport. But what if all across the globe, the animals decided, 'no more?' What if they finally decided to fight back?” (Nirat Anop)
4. Mitch: “They were raised in cages. In a way, they're kind of the victims here.” (Nirat Anop)