If you are viewing this here and not on SpoilerTV, it's probably because you know me and therefore trust that I have done everything I can to make the nominating and bracket process as fair as possible. Thus I feel free to skip most of the rigmarole and jump right into the parts you came here looking for. If you are confused about how we got from point A to here or if you want an in-depth recap of all the steps we have already taken, then the link for the SpoilerTV article will be up shortly. Until then, on with the show my friends and may the odds be ever in your favor….unless your choices are the opposite of mine. :-P
Now that all the preliminaries are done, it is time to reveal the brackets and to get the prediction contest started. Remember the prediction contest is about who is likely win and NOT who you want to win. This year we are using a website called Challonge to run the prediction contest. Forgive me in advance if there are any bugs. You may have to sign up to use it, but it is completely free. To participate in the prediction contest, go here:
Rules for the prediction contest:
1. Only one prediction per person. If you would like to also create one on how you wish the contest would turn out, please contact me and I will send you the link to the Friends and Family Fantasy Contest too. For most this will be quite different than the predictions one so it is a lot of fun to compare them.
2. When titling your prediction, please use your Disqus name (or SpoilerTV name) so I know whose brackets are whose.
3. Your predictions can be saved and edited up until predictions close, but to do so you must copy and paste the very, very long link in order to find your prediction again. It will only show up once so if you even think you might be changing your predictions, I highly suggest saving the link somewhere. I will not be able to find the link for you.
4. All predictions must be finalized by noon CST on Sunday to be eligible. Once the contest starts, no other predictions will be accepted.
5. Unlike last year, Challonge has a weighted scale so correct guesses in the first round are worth 1 point, the second round 2 points, and so on until the 5th and final round.
6. If you cannot sign up for Challonge but you still want to participate in the prediction contest, let me know and we'll figure something out.
7. After every round, I will post who our winners are so far. The grand prize winner wins…bragging rights. Hey, I'm a teacher. I can't afford cool prizes. Unless you love Supernatural and then I have some leftover prizes you can win. I might be able to throw a few DVD sets your way too. Good luck!
Rankings and Brackets:
There were 915 nominations with 610 characters nominated representing 242 shows. The top two ranked characters were only 2 nominations apart with 165 and 163 nominations respectively. Thanks to everyone who nominated. Without any further ado, here are the 2015 Character Cup brackets. Click on the magnifying glass to enlarge it or see it full screen here. You can also download it if you would like. Enjoy!
Ranking List Found Here
Pictures Still Needed:
Liv Moore (iZombie), Cookie Lyon (Empire), Derek Shepherd (Grey's Anatomy), Matt Murdock (Daredevil), Klaus Mikaelson (Originals), Donna Paulsen (Suits), Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock), Norma Bates (Bates Motel), Athos (Musketeers), Olivia Pope (Scandal), Clarke Griffin (The 100), Ben Linus (LOST), Sam Winchester (Supernatural), Marty Deeks (NCIS:LA), Dana Scully (X-Files), Henry Morgan (Forever), Elizabeth Jennings (Americans), Stiles (Teen Wolf), April Carver (Chasing Life), Vanessa Ives (Penny Dreadful), Lorne Malvo (Fargo), Barry Allen (Flash), Mikey Milkovich (Shameless), Red Reddington (Blacklist), Emily Thorne (Revenge), Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds), Kieren Walker (In the Flesh), Olivia Benson (SVU), Buffy Summers (BtVS), Damon Salvatore (TVD), Elizabeth McCord (Madam Secretary), Tyrion Lannister (GoT), Temperance Brennan (Bones), Sean Renard (Grimm), Gregory House (House MD), Sheldon Cooper (TBBT), and Peggy Carter (Agent Carter)