A weekly feature highlighting the best quotes on TV as picked by the Spoiler TV team this past week. We'd love to hear your picks too so please sound off below the article.
1. The Doctor: "Have you seen this face before?" Barney: "No." The Doctor: "Are you sure?" Barney: "Sir, I have never seen that face." The Doctor: "It's funny, because, I'm sure that I have. You know I never know where they come from, the faces. They just pop up, zap, faces like this one. Come on look at it, have a look, come on, look, look, look." (He wanders over to where a broken mirror.) "Look, it's covered in lines, look at it - but I didn't do the frowning. Who frowned me this face? Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror and think, I've seen that face before?" (Sandi and Bradley Adams)
2. Eleventh Doctor: "However scared you are Clara, the man you are with right now, the man I hope you are with, believe me he is more scared than anything you can imagine right now, and he needs you." Twelfth Doctor: "So who is it?" Eleventh Doctor: "Is that the Doctor?" Twelfth Doctor: "Is that the Doctor?" Clara (To both of them): "Yes." Eleventh Doctor: "He sounds old. Please tell me I didn't get old? Anything but old! I was young. Oh, is he grey?" Clara: "Yes."
Eleventh Doctor: "Clara please. ‘ay, for me, help him? Go on, and don't be afraid, he's alright. Good-bye Clara. Miss ya." (Sandi)
3. The Doctor: "You can't see me, can you? You look at me, and you can't see me. Have you any idea what that's like? I'm not on the phone, I'm right here. Standing in front of you. Please, just…see me!" Clara (looks at him, searching his face for...something...then smiles): "Thank you." The Doctor: "For what?"
Clara: "Phoning." (She hugs him) The Doctor: "I, I, I'm not sure I'm a hugging person now." Clara: "I'm not sure you get a vote." (Sandi)
4. Strax: "And we will not melt him with acid." (Bradley Adams)
1. (entering the detective’s office) Holly: "Freeze! You have the right to remain sexy." Charlie: "She’s been practicing that the whole way here." Detective: "Don’t you knock?" Holly: "But you never knock." Charlie: "Yeah, you just say 'knock knock,' which technically isn't knocking." Holly: "Whatcha working on?" Detective: "None of your business." Holly: "Oh, looking at porn, huh? So what's your kink? Footplay, nurses?" Charlie: "Tennessee dumpling?" Holly: "Tennessee dumpling?" Charlie: "Yeah, you start with a washboard and a jug…" Holly: "Oh..." (Samy Bgs)
1. Gus' friend: "Where are we, man?" Gus: "One story above hell." (Tonya Papanikolas)
2. Setrakian: "You want to help fix this? You want to help me stop all of this?" Cab driver: "You can't fix crazy, man!" (Tonya Papanikolas)
1. DoucheOrderly: "But they weren't murders. I am not some serial killer like Ted Bundy, going around cutting up college girls." Stiles: "Nah, you're just an angel of death." DoucheOrderly: "I don't think you understand my level of commitment to my work here, Stiles." (Dahne) ~I am surprsied by how much DoucheOrderly captured my attention in this episode, considering how much I hate him. Great work all around in this scene.
2. Mason: "I'm not asking because I want to know. I'm asking because I want to help." (Dahne) ~I really want to not like Mason since he basically replaced Danny, btu he keeps saying things like this.
3. Scott: "What happened to the gun?" Derek: "You're covered in gasoline." Scott: "Oh yeah." (Dahne) ~The return of SmartDerek. Oh yeah! Please stay.
4. Stiles: "Lydia, look at me. Don't listen. Okay, don't listen to it. Just focus on my voice alright? You don't listen to it. Block it out, okay? Lydia. Hey, turn it off." (DoucheOrderly punches him.) ~I love the friendship between Stiles and Lydia. They are great working together to solve mysteries, but even better when they are protecting each other.
1. Yolanda: "I think if I let him go, I'm not going to be the main woman in his life anymore and he's going to run off into the sunset with some new girl on that tandem bike." Josh: "Come here. He's not going anywhere….you pay all of his bills." (Dahne) ~Awww, it's hard for a mom to let go and let her child grow up. It's even harder to get them to pay their own bills.
2. Gabby: "Are you okay that I manipulated you into calling Cheryl? I had to. It's true love." Yolanda: "I know but it doesn't mean that I don't love you. I would be lucky to have someone like you in my family." Gabby: "You already do." (Dahne) ~It's this family dynamic that makes Young & Hungry my favorite summer comedy.